Thursday, October 13, 2011

What a great trip!!






Oh goodness... whoever says that vacations can be relaxing is only partially right... before you leave its stressful to no end!!! So basically the car company never shipped me my card, and they told me 2 hours before we were supposed to leave for Salt Lake City that I couldnt have the car, even though I had already paid for it and everything! So I called Daddy, and he's truly the best man EVER!! Not only did he get me the car, but it cost me $60 cheaper, and I got upgraded to a nicer enterprise car. So we were off; Jason, Dallan and AJ to Salt Lake. The drive was going great, then we reached Pokey, and it started to rain... and this was like SCARY rain.. It was raining so hard that I was going 20 mph in an 80 mph road because I couldn't even see the lines on the road in front of me, and the rain was coming through the closed doors and windows and dripping on my feet. YA! So not cool!!! Salt Lake drivers aren't as bad as I always thought... they are like the same as Portland drivers. We made it to the concert, got some pictures, and then it all started. The first band was good, it was like a rock mariachi band. Very cool and interesting. Then Jason's favorite band, Caged Elephants, came on, and it was ok. I don't really get hard rock... I can scream into a microphone too- can I get millions of dollars? By this time the drunks were all there. There were 2 drunk women in front of us and they were everywhere. By the end of that act I was up to my ankles in spilled beer, I was hot and claustrophobic. Then, when the foo fighters came on and the mosh pits started, to the point where I was literally being thrown a few feet by drunk guys, and my group was everywhere and I couldn't fine them, I lost it. I left the concert, called my dad and mom crying in the car because I was having such a bad panic attack. I think my mom was having one too, because I was miles away from her or my safe home of Rexburg, and we don't really know anyone down there that we can call at like 1030 at night. But they called Elder Winkley who came and sat with me at Applebee's while the concert was going on. Then we made it to the Hullinger's house hold at like 1am, and stayed up talking to Papa Hullinger til like 230. We had breakfast with them the next morning, and left around 850am. We arrived back in Rexburg around 1220pm. Yes I did go like 90mph, but I wanted to get home. I went to classes, returned the car, then went to see Harry Potter with Jason and AJ. Overall, it was a really fun trip with my best guys! From singing in the car to Disney Music at the top of our lungs, to laughing hysterically at just the most random things. I love my boys!!! The next time that I'll be down in Salt Lake is for my bff's wedding!!! November 10th-11th baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment