Working here at Disney has certainly taught me to look and be grateful for the way that my parents raised me and my brothers... I see little girls throwing temper tantrums in the middle of my store all the time because they want and expect their daddy's to buy them something, and they don't care about anything at all; that they just expect to get the toy. I see little boys arguing with their parents and storming off to the other side and talking back and down to their parents... boy if we were doing what these kids were my parents would smack us and take us back to the hotel for the night. They would NOT stand for anything like these kids get away with!
2 days ago I was working movieland, which is our outside store. It is circular shaped with half the store in the park, and half of it outside the park. There was this family (can you guess what race they were?) of and aunt &uncle or something like that, 4 little boys ages ranging from 8-2, and then the parents. The aunt & uncle are sitting across from my store on the outside of the park watching the store, the parents are who-knows-where (not being parents that's what!) and the 4 boys are all in the outside of the store looking around. I'm busy helping other guests, and then this lady from will call comes over and tells me that the boys have been stealing from the store for the last 10 minutes and that I better call someone. Immediately I call my manager Ashley and tell her the situation. While I'm waiting for her, this boy who is like 5 comes up, hands me $2, takes an Indiana Jones kit which costs $21.25 and says, "thank you, good bye". I grab the box, tell him he needs more money and that he cannot take this. I put it back, and he walks over to the mickey mits, which are the same price and asks how much these are, I turn my back and the 2 YEAR OLD, comes up behind me, grabs the box and bolts around the corner! WHAT THE HECK!?!?! You're 2! And you already know how to steal!!! The 2 year old then comes back, grabs a $15 truck and bolts again! Oh my lanta. My manager comes out, we call security, mind you that the aunt and uncle are still sitting there watching all this happen and DO NOTHING!!!!! Security comes out and is watching them, the dad comes ROARING around the corner asking me why I let his kids take this stuff, and proceeds to pay for all the boys stole, which equaled to $84.95!!! Good gracious! You sir are a bad parent! As he was paying, the boys kept putting more stuff up to be bought. He then takes all he paid for and goes over to where the family was sitting, to which they started pointing at me and the security guard.. I'm sorry- yes I called them in on you, because your kids were stealing and you weren't watching them or stopping them! You probably told them to do it! The same 5 year old comes up to me, hands me now $2.25, takes the box again and says "Thank you, have a nice day!" to which I rip it out of his hands and sternly tell him "No, this is not yours! You need more money before you can have it! Sorry!" He gets mad and yells "I GAVE YOU MONEY! NOW ITS MINE!!! GIVE IT TO ME!" To which I sternly say again, "No- you need more money! Here is your money back, please do not touch until you have more money!" He's mad, stomps over to his mom, yells at her because I wont give it to him, and she just says, "oh no, you don't need that." Oh my lanta, seriously lady?!
Thank you mom and dad for teaching me early in my life that I cannot always get what I want, and the difference between right and wrong! I now know that "its all in the parenting" is no joking matter or saying! It's soooo true! Thank you Disney for helping me see just how I'm going to raise my children, so they do not turn out like the millions of spoiled tiny humans who come through my store every day! :D
PEOPLE!: TEACH YOUR CHILDREN YOUNG!!! That is all!
No comments:
Post a Comment