Saturday, November 12, 2011

Continuing to Love Life





So- with the countdown being only 9 days til I come home for thanksgiving break, I'm super excited as usual. Although I woke up this morning, okay it was 1051am, so basically the afternoon, and it was 3 inches of snow on the ground and still pouring. But I am keeping my head up and trying to look forward! Edward is doing fine, which I am sooo freakin grateful for! I was soo worried, even though it was trying to come up with my own diagnosis over the phone using my EMT skills. Tuesday- Wednesday I stayed up straight for 40 hours... I learned that you go through cycles when you stay up for that long. You are normal, then you get EXHAUSTED, then you get a second wind of energy, and then normal again, and it repeats this about 4 times, and then by the time 40 hours rolls around, anything and everything makes you cry, and once you hit the pillow, you are out within seconds. It was way fun to work in the ER at Madison Memorial hospital though! I loved the atmosphere there, and I would so want to do it again, but alas, I have no time, what with midterms this week and nationals coming up in 3 weeks... loads of studying to do, but I still find time to hang with my roommates and have a grand ol' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment