OH boy!!! This weekend was sooo much fun! Like, the best time this whole semester! It was our EMT mock accident on Saturday, where we were split into teams, went to a scene where it was a middle school lunch room, where there were stabbed victims, broken femurs, asthma attacks, eye balls hanging out, and much more... it was awesome! I've never had so much adrenalin pumping through my body. I was team lead, so I was incharge of my team, which was super cool. My main patient that I was with was a "14 year old male, stabbing to the abdomen". We did everything perfect, and loaded him almost all by ourselves. I'll tell you, the Paramedic that was playing the part of the boy was double mine and my partner's size, yet with all our adrenalin pumping, we were able to move him to a back board, lift that thing to our cot, and then move him quickly down the stairs and out to our ambulance. Then I ran back, was assertive so my teacher says, and just stuck myself in with another patient as mine "went to the hospital". It was AMAZING! I know that if and when I pass my test, I will just love this job! I'm sad that this semester is almost over, because I've made so many great friends from this class. I love all 23 of my classmates, and will miss them, but hopefully we keep in touch and are able to be in future classes together! They are truly some of the greatest people I've met here at BYUI.




No comments:
Post a Comment