Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Life is wonderful"



Ok- so this vacation started out suckish... and I was in the fullest intention to just moap around the whole time... but thats not what Sister Glem would have wanted, and I just know she'd find some way to smack me if I did. So I began thinking, "What would she do if it weren't her, but another person?" and "what can I do to help others who are feeling just as alone inside as me?" So today was the funeral, and I had every intention to make it as beautiful and grand as she was. A few of the talks got me crying, especially the ones that told her children that She loved them. I'm considered to be one of her "daughters" as her actual family says, so I took it to mean me too. Then, Me and a few choice YW (Mikyla, Paige Child and Carnahan, Brooke, Sariah, Lindsey, Mckenzie, and Breegan) all got up and sang "Tell me Why" which is her favorite song from Camp which she taught us her last year there. It was truely beautiful and had many in the audience crying. Then, at the end, as the cascett passed all of us who were sitting on the end row by the door, we all balling, Brother Glem passed and said, "see? she wants you girls to be the last to see her leave because she loves you the most." Not helping with the crying, just making it worse. Then, I went to the family grave site memorial, again, because I'm considered family and my dad was conducting. We then went back to the family luncheon. It was truely a great day, and I know for a fact that Sister Glem was there, crying from gladness, crying because she felt touched and knew how loved she was. At the funeral there were about 900 people there, and many more came to the viewing. Me and several other YW got a tad upset at the viewing; it just wasn't Sister Glem. The light was gone, which just goes to show that the body doesn't make up the person who you hold special, but the spirit does. It was just a body, laying there cold. Although we thought she should have been smiling! She always had a smile on her face, even when she was sad, for she knew better things were to come. She will surely be missed on this earth; so Jesus, you better come quickly! because I dont know how long I can live without my Mommy Peggy Glem here with me!

"I really think that dear God above, Created you just for me to love. He picked you out from all the rest, because He knew that I'd love you the best!" ~ Tell me Why

No comments:

Post a Comment