Friday, December 3, 2010

Really? What is this!?

ok- so on tuesday I was sitting in my American foundations class and I noticed that I had a very itchy rash starting on my hands. By the end of class it had moved up my entire arm. I really thought nothing of it, but decided that that night I would go to the store and buy itch cream and hopefully it would go away. By 7pm it had not only gone from my arms, but to my abdomin, legs, lower back, and my neck. I applied the cream everywhere and hug with Marissa, Jay and my roommates for the rest of the night. Wednesday morning I wake up in SOO much pain I start to cry! I got up and my face looked as though it was blown up 10x's its normal size; my eyes were so swollen I could barely open them. I called Marissa who took me to the campus clinic. There they assessed me and told me I was having an allergic reaction to something. I ran through everything I had touched, eaten and used. Nothing was different it seemed; yesterday was just a normal day! Jay came to the clinic as I was waiting for drugs, but I was too embarrassed to look at him, so he said that if I needed anything to call him (he's so sweet! you gotta love him!) So I went home and by 3pm it had gotten worse, so Marissa dragged me back to the clinic, where they put in an IV (the worst part of the whole treatment mind you!), and in 45 min I was looking better than before. It was getting better yesterday, and now its friday and my face is almost back to normal- theres no more swelling, no more itching, just redness on my face (which is fine with me! Rather have that then swollen everything!) But now the bumps and rash are starting again on my hands. I haven't touched anything that I did that day, and I've washed and scrubbed everything I own, so this is a complete mystery! We thought it might be a new allergy to peanut butter, or a lotion that I have, or even Sunny-D... but I have stayed away from all those things... So now I'm waiting and hoping that this goes away and stays away, at least until christmas break where I can go and get allergy tested for something that can explain this bizzar happening!


Other than that- life's been great! Last thing for cheer is tomorrow, then the Civil War game with my cheer people (GO DUCKS!) and then Jay and I are going to be hanging, as usual! Life here at BYUI is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment