Friday, October 8, 2010

Seize the Day!

"Rain is a good thing!" Although its not "raining men" here in BYU-Idaho, it is pouring down rain with thundershowers! Its the coolest thing ever to hear the thunder roaring through everything (the gym, your apartment, the courtyard makes it sound louder than it prolly is!). I finally dont feel like a fish out of water here. Its been dry for days, but when I saw these gray clouds moving in, the ones I've grown up with for 18 years, I knew that rain was headed my way. Last night I went out and stood in it, trying to imagine myself as a spounge, soaking as much of it up as possible! Cheer was frustrating yesterday because our first game is tomorrow and our stunts just weren't hitting it; it wasnt just one person's fault, I think it was just under pressure, we were just as a team not having a very good day. Hopefully tomorrow's practice before the game goes better. We have cheer pictures today, and hopefully the rain holds off until afterwards. Stephanie has been doing my hair and makeup all morning, trying to make me look more like a girl for pictures... very odd, but she's soo giddy excited as I'm sitting here going, "Crap, what have I let her do" But, All is good in Idaho, and I plan to keep this optomistic attitude that I have come to know and love so much! I get to come home for a week and half in 41 days! Some people tell me to stop counting and to enjoy my new-found freedom at college, but why should i, I ask you? My family, home, and friends are 13 hours away. Yes I do have friends here, but I don't have my family... the thing that is eternal. I hardly get my rain, and I want to go home so I can enjoy the things that mean the most to me in life... is that really a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment